• Orlando Divorce Lawyers
  • Orlando Divorce Lawyers
Contact the Orlando Divorce Lawyer
Do you have a question?

Orlando Divorce Partition Action Lawyer

Some divorce-related issues, such as alimony or child custody, are not concerns in every divorce proceeding. However, the best way to divide a couple’s shared property is almost always a topic of debate in a divorce. In our state, courts are charged with the task of helping divorcing couples reach equitable – not necessarily equal – division of their shared assets.

The distinction lies between what is equal and what fair (i.e., equitable). Sometimes a fifty-fifty property division would place an undue hardship on one spouse, depending on his or her circumstances. In these cases, it may be best to use a different technique – such as a partition action. To learn about protecting your rights in a property dispute, call an Orlando divorce partition action lawyer from the Schlegel Law Group at 407-953-9726.

Factors in a Property Division Decision

Divorcing couples have the option of dividing their shared property between themselves, either privately or with the assistance of a mediator. If this is not a viable option, however, they also have the choice of appearing in court. When this happens, the judge will make a division of property decision based on many different factors, including:

  • The health, lifestyle, and educational needs of the spouses and any children they may have
  • The financial contributions each spouse has made to the marriage
  • Child custody arrangements and the need for children to remain in their homes
  • The financial circumstances of each spouse
  • Any misconduct by either spouse that affected the marital assets

Whether you plan to settle your property division in or out of court, a qualified Orlando property division attorney can be a great asset to have on your side.

What is a Partition Action?

Sometimes the parties in a divorce are unable to agree on what should be done with shared property such as a household or business. In some cases, the dispute does not even arise until the divorce has already been settled, potentially making it more difficult to change the arrangement. Sometimes the only way to obtain the outcome desired is to file an action of partition.

An action of partition (or partition action) is a kind of lawsuit filed by a property co-owner when he or she wishes to sell the property or make another big adjustment. Our Orlando partition action lawyers can tell you more about the law and protecting your property rights.

Contact Us

The Orlando action of partition attorneys of the Schlegel Law Group are prepared to help our clients with even the most complex legal cases. Contact us today at 407-953-9726.

home  |  firm profile  |  practice areas  |  articles  |  faqs  |  contact us  |  blog  |  related-sites  |  sitemap  |  Log in | Scott Schlegel + | Client File Access
Copyright ©2006-2010 Schlegel Law Group.

We Accept Credit Cards.

Schlegel Law Group | 121 South Orange Avenue #1500 Orlando, FL 32801 | Phone:407-278-8920 | Directions